Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Banana cakes

It's a wonderful way to deal with leftover banana. I like this flavor of banana and walnut mixed with dark chocolate. This cake is not very sweet. Because I try to control the intake of sweet food these days, I didn't use much sugar. You can adjust the amount anyway. This recipe is from La tartingourmande. I changed the steps a little bit since I don't have a mixer yet.  And I also mixed the eggs york and whites seperately to try to get more fluffy taste. However I really don't know what if I didn't do that seperately. I guess it would also be fine. You can try it anyway.

                                                                    Banana cakes recipe
Ingredient,
   • 2 eggs
   • 1/2 cup blond cane sugar

   • 1+ 1/2 cup white rice flour (100 g)

   • 2 oz coarsely chopped dark chocolate (70 % cocoa)

   • 1 teaspoon baking powder

   • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

   • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

   • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

   • 7 tablespoons butter melted and slightly cooled

   • 2 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork

Steps:

• Preheat the oven at 350 F and butter a loaf pan or muffin molds. Coat them with flour and tap the excess out; set aside.

• In a bowl, combine the flours with  baking soda, baking powder,ground cinnamon, chocolate and nuts ;set aside.

• In another bowl, mix the egg whites and sugar until it's firm
• Sift the flour into melted butter and combine; combine egg yorks; fold in egg whites carefully

•Pour the batter into the molds you choose and bake the cake for 30 to 35 minutes (for a large loaf) or 20 to 25 minutes (for small muffins).
 

The tomato seeds that I just planted 10 days ago. They are too close though, I'm worrying about if the tomato will grow up well. However, I do like this light green colour.


14 comments:

  1. I am glad you started your blog in English, your fish recipe reminds me of the one my Chinese friend and neigbour taught me when I lived in London! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia,
    Congratulations on your blog. It's crisp and clean and looks great on the screen. Your photos are superb!
    The only thing I would say is that on my laptop and using Google Chrome, I lose part of the farthest column on the right...e.g. I lose part of the Foodieblog widget.
    Greetings from Gibraltar,
    Brian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blog Cynthia. Beautiful photos and delicious sounding recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just found your blog the pic's are so nice and clear you can almost reach out and eat the food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice blog. For your tomatoes to grow well, I would recommend thinning them to a few inches apart so that they have room to grow stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cynthia,
    This is a beautiful blog. I love your pictures. Thank you for sharing..

    I am very fond of Chinese food and really enjoyed your steamed rice with vegetables recipe. This is one of my favorites. Brings back great memories from my trip to Beijing, fond times that I spent with my Chinese friends.

    Interestingly, this is exactly what I do with my leftover bananas ! Bake cakes !

    I write a blog too... its mostly Indian food and recipes. My experiments that were successful... Since its summer now, I am experimenting with fruits a lot ! Hope you will like it. Please visit :
    http://rannaghor-theke.blogspot.com/

    I'll be following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amz,I'm very glad that you like Beijing and Chinese food. I visited your blog just now. I like yours too. It reminded me of the experience that I had in a traditional Indian restaurant in Beijing. I like it:)I will follow your blog to get to know more about Indian food. I'm interested in it very much. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nirmala, thanks for your advice. That's actually what I'm worrying about. I've done that several days ago. In doing this I bought another four pots...My husband almost gone mad at my action. But they r still a bit closer now. Whatever the result I just don't want to discard anyone of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nirmala, very glad that you like my pics. I hope I can do it better:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cuisine de Provence, seems you already know some about Chinese food.I'm happy you like that:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. brian,
    Thank you for your remind.I didn't notice that. Because this template is what I downloaded from elsewhere. I'm actually thinking about changing it to a simple one. Thank you for telling me that:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first time on your blog and I love your photos here.Id love to try your recipe.It looks moist and delicious.Hope you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at erecipe00@gmail.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete